I took a break for reading week, but I am getting back in the saddle now with regards to following this winter blogging challenge. Day #15 asks me to list the items on my night table, which means I’ll have to get up and go take a look. Before that, though, I’ll try to list them off the top of my head:
- One earplug and the plastic baggie it came in (I lost the other one somewhere)
- My waterbottle
- My alarm clock lamp
- A handkerchief
- A mostly-used-up bottle of Aveeno lotion for my poor feet
- A large lake rock
- A lovely small table runner with crocheted edges that protects the surface of the nightstand
Hm, I can’t remember any others off the top of my head; let me go double-check that’s everything….
Oh, I forgot:
- A half-full bag of Bentasil lozenges
- A wedge of unpolished amethyst crystals
- A folded-up noren that was originally gonna be the runner but now I don’t know where to put it.
- A mostly-empty tube of chapstick
These are all necessary items for sleeping in the dry Edmonton winter; I have a gigantic humidifier literally a foot away from my bed, almost next to the night table, and I still have perpetually cracking lips, a raw nose, and a propensity to sneeze a lot. Moisturizer is a lifesaver in these climes.